The proxy must be defined in the freshclam configuration file using the following procedure:
1. Log into the device via SSH or at the console as the root user
2. Make a backup of the freshclam configuration file
cp /etc/freshclam.conf /etc/freshclam.conf.orig
3. Edit the freshclam configuration file using the "vi" editor
4. Locate the proxy configuration lines, uncomment the required settings, and modify them to the desired web proxy values
# Proxy settings
# Default: disabled
# If your servers are behind a firewall/proxy which applies User-Agent
# filtering you can use this option to force the use of a different
# User-Agent header.
# Default: clamav/version_number
5. Save the file
6. At the command line, run "freshclam
" to verify that the proxy settings are working and that the updater can reach the ClamAV database servers through the proxy.
7. Restart the ClamAV update service using the command "service solera-freshclamd restart