To configure the SSL Visibility appliance to send e-mail Alerts, do the following:
1. In the Management GUI, go to the appliance's Platform Mangement
(Hostname) > Alerts
2. Click the Pencil icon to edit the Alert Mail Configuration
- Enter the Hostname (make sure it can be resolved by the DNS servers configured on the SSL Visibility appliance) or IP address of your SMTP server.
- Enter the TCP Port of your SMTP server. By default, it is Port 25.
- If your SMTP server requires TLS, check Use TLS. Only an SSL Certificate issued by a public Certificate Authority and TLS 1.0 is supported currently.
- If Authentication is required, enter the Username and Password to authenticate to your SMTP server. The format of the Username (i.e. username or [email protected]) relies on the SMTP server's configuration.
- Confirm the password and click OK.
3. Under Alert Rules
, click the green +
button to create a new rule or the Pencil
button to edit existing rules.
- Select the required Type. To test, choose Periodic.
- Select the required Level. To test, choose INFO.
- Define the Frequency. To test, define about 5-10 seconds.
- Define the Max Lines for the alert email. To test, use 99999.
- Enter the e-mail address of the recipient under Emails.
Note:- If the Username field is left empty SSLng is used as a sender for the e-mail Alerts.
- Sender's address can be configured in the Username field. Password field should be left empty if the SMTP server does not require authentication.