Blue Coat support may request that you configure sysinfo-snapshots for troubleshooting policy related issues and high CPU issues which is caused by Policy Evaluation. Policy coverage will identify rules that are matching user requests, so adding it to your snapshots can be very useful in troubleshooting an issue like this.
Before setting up the Snapshot as detailed in the resolution section of this article, make sure that Policy Coverage is enabled. If not, adding policy coverage to your snapshots will not display policy usage. By default this feature is enabled, and in SGOS 18.104.22.168 the administrator has the option of disabling this feature via the CLI.
Verify if Policy coverage is enabled from GUI Statistics tab > Advanced > Policy > View Current Policy Coverage.
CREATING SNAPSHOTS VIA THE MANAGEMENT CONSOLE (GUI)
- Login to the Management Console on the ProxySG appliance https://<ip.address.of.proxysg>:8082
- Click on Maintenance > Service Information > Snapshots.
- In the snapshots tab, you should see sysinfo and sysinfo_stats. NOTE: There may be additional snapshots in there as those snapshots may have been created on a previous Blue Coat Support service request.
- Click New. When the Add Snapshot Job dialog displays, type Snapshot_PolicyCoverage as the job name and click OK, then Apply.
- Once the new job has been created, highlight the snapshot rule and click Edit. The Edit Snapshot dialogue box will appear. Make the following changes:
|Total Number To Take:||Check next to infinite|
|Maximum Number To Store||100|
|Enabled||Place a check next to Enabled|
- Click OK. Your snapshot job should appear as follows:
- The newly created snapshot is up and running. When the problem occurs again, make sure you upload the data as instructed by Blue Coat Technical Support to your ticket.
(Optional) If you prefer, you can create the new snapshot job via the ProxySG appliance Command Line Interface (CLI).
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CTRL-Z.
ProxySG#(config diagnostics)snapshot create Snapshot_PolicyCoverage
ProxySG#(config diagnostics)snapshot edit Snapshot_PolicyCoverage
ProxySG#(config snapshot Snapshot_PolicyCoverage)target /policy/coverage
ProxySG#(config snapshot Snapshot_PolicyCoverage)interval 5
ProxySG#(config snapshot Snapshot_PolicyCoverage)keep 100
ProxySG#(config snapshot Snapshot_PolicyCoverage)enable
ProxySG#(config ssnapshot Snapshot_PolicyCoverage)exit