Here are the simplified steps.
- Get the license file from Symantec at https://services.bluecoat.com/eservice_enu/licensing/register.cgi
- Save the file to your local workstation.
- Open a browser, log in to the PacketShaper, and click on Advanced UI.
- Click on the Info tab and then File Browser.
Note: The File Browser defaults to the Public folder. Do not change the folder and upload to a different directory. (Only advanced users should upload to a different directory.)
- Click the Upload button and choose the license file.
- Click Upload and wait for success message.
- Open a CLI session to the PacketShaper.
- Type: license load file://localhost/9.256/license_.bcl
Updating license from: file://localhost/license_.bcl
License is updated.
- Enter reset to activate the new license.
- After resetting the PacketShaper, type ver ver from the command line and confirm that the license has been updated.