Block users to download executables files using a Block Content Filtering Rule
- Go to Solutions mode > Content Filtering > Policy
- Locate the existing rule that you want to edit or create a new rule.
- The Content and Limits column in the Policy Editor wizard is where you add restrictions for File Type.
- In the desired rule, click the pencil icon in the Content and Limits option to edit it and under File Type select Executables.
- Click Save.
- Click Save Rule.
- Click Activate to enable the rule.
NOTE: If the URL to download the file is over HTTPS, you need "SSL Interception" enabled in order for Web Security Services (WSS) to block downloads.