Block the like button on Facebook
Article ID: 168383
Asset Management Solution
ProxySG Software - SGOS
Note: You need a Blue Coat WebFilter (BCWF) subscription and full SSL interception. You also must be running SGOS version 6.2 or later for application controls to be available.
To block the Like
button on Facebook:
- Create a new rule in a Web Access Layer. Set the Action to Deny.
- In the Destination column create and set a new Request URL object. Specify the following:
- Select Advanced Match.
- Set the Host to Facebook and change the drop down to Contains.
- Set the Path to like.php and set the drop down to Contains.
- In the Service column of the rule create a new Protocol Method object. Specify the following:
- Set the Protocol to HTTP/HTTPS.
- Select POST.
- Click OK.
- Install the policy.