- Back up the XOS and firewall management station configuration prior to proceeding to next step.
- Remove the default route or static route for the firewall management circuit. For example:
config no ip route 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.32.1 vap-group vsx circuit mgmt
- Set the new IP address on the firewall management circuit in XOS CLI.
Add the new default gateway static route for the firewall management circuit. For example:
config ip route 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.32.3 vap-group vsx circuit mgmt
- Unload the firewall policy with "fw unloadlocal" on each VAP in the VAP group (this step shutdowns the firewall)
- From the firewall management station run vsx_util change_mgmt_subnet (or vsx_util change_mgmt_ip).
- Go through the vsx_util wizard and repeat the command to change information for *all* VAP members.
- Optional: In Check Point SmartDashboard > update default gateway in Cluster Topology and press OK to sync with the XOS configuration.
- Optional: Reestablish SIC, if required and push policy.
- Reload the VSX VAP group and check the updated APM, XOS and Dashboard configuration associated with the firewall management circuit to verify that there are no mismatches.