Here are some tips to follow when your reporter won't load:
- Ensure there is nothing listening on port 8081.
- Use netstat -a in a command line to determine this.
- Note: You can use the following command to find a port on the server:
- Netstat – an |find <port#>
- to find the other port, listen on: Netstat – an|find <port#>.
- To set this up permanently, use this command on the command line:
- Netstat – an 1|find <port#>
- Ensure Reporter is starting before IIS.
- ISS (not IIS) security software is known to hold port 8082 open.
- Mcafee virus software has been known to hold open port 8081.
Note: If all of the above have been validated, the most probable cause of the loading issue is a corrupt database. See 000010417 for more information on database corruption.