Save the output of this page on any text editor application, and then search on the text editor for the string “/cm/core_image”. Text like the example below (in bold) will be under this string and can be repeated multiple times with different variables:
Minicontext produced on: 2013-07-18 06:38:56+00:00UTC
Minicontext version: 1.5
ProxySG Appliance: Version 220.127.116.11.108676
System image flags: Customer, Optimized, Non-GDB, 64-bit
Hardware exception code: 0x0
Software exception code: 0x210000
Page fault linear address: 0x0
Process group: "PG_RTSP"
Process: "RTSP_Passthru" in "" at .text+0x0
- Verify first that it is a real restart of the appliance, as other variables such as Hang and memory pressure can cause the ProxySG to stop responding to traffic, which can be erroneously reported as a proxy restart. To verify a real restart, check for the time when “Minicontext produced on”, as this indicates the time of the restart. Also check for the frequency of creating Minicontext, as this will tell if this a recurring issue and the frequency of the restarts.
- View “Software exception code”
, as this can tell if this is an admin initiated restart or proxy self-initiated software restart. If the Software exception code value is either 0x6001A or 0x60019
, this indicates an admin initiated restart, otherwise this would be considered a proxy self-initiated restart. For more information, please review this knowledge base article: What do the restart codes 0x6001A and 0x60019 mean?
- Check for the “ProxySG appliance version”. This indicates which SGOS was in use when this restart happened.
- Check for the “Process”. This will show the process that caused this restart. The process name can then be used to check against any known bugs and if upgrading to a higher SGOS version will resolve the issue.
- Download the latest Release Notes for the Major SGOS version for this release. In this example, the SGOS version is 18.104.22.168, and the latest published SGOS for 6.4 is SGOS 22.214.171.124. Download the Release Notes for the latest on 6.4. Search for the service name and check if this is a known bug. Also find the bug number and whether or not there is a fix. In this example, a search in the Release Notes would show the resolved issues on 126.96.36.199:
The ProxySG appliance restarts if the QuickTime player crashes or closes abruptly when playing RTSP over HTTP. The ProxySG could also restart when using Google RTSP(m.youtube.com) orWowza Media Server.
(B#188568; SR 2-580249592, 2-581819912, 2-587628072, 2-595393312, 2-598227092)
This indicates that a known bug is the cause of this restart and upgrading to this SGOS version will resolve it.
- If the process name is not in the latest Release Notes, contact the Symantec technical support team.