How do I capture user details without denying anyone access to the internet due to authentication problems?
How do I track who is going through the Proxy but allow everyone to access the Internet (including guests)?
1. in Visual Policy Manager in your Web Authentication Layer your authetication rule you'll want to set the action as a combined action object
a. click on policy -> add web authentication layer
2. on your authetication rule right click on the action field and choose "set"
3. Click on the "New" button and choose "Combined Action Object"
4. From the Combined Action Object click on "New" and add a "Authenticate" object and select your prefered authentication realm and mode
5. Make sure you click on "Add" to select the authetication object you just created
Some customers want to keep track of who is browsing the internet (via the Proxy) but do not wish to deny access.
Note: While you can monitor the IP addresses of users on the Proxy, it is sometimes more useful to know the user names.