You can automate the upload process and execute it at a scheduled time.
- The ProxySG appliance must be configured as an FTP client.
- You must have the Plink utility. It comes with the PuTTy package.
Note: If you have multiple ProxySG appliances, you can use Blue Coat Director to manage the ProxySG appliances and schedule jobs to automate configuration backups.
Step 1: Configure the FTP client of the archive storage on the proxy side:
- browse to Configuration > General > Archive > Archive Storage "tab"
- Enter FTP client details
- Click Apply
Step 2: Create a text file (for example, SshCommandsFile.txt) with the following CLI commands. Replace the Enable_Password text below with the enable password configured on your ProxySG appliance.
Enable Password: <password>
Step 3: Create a windows batch file (for example, upload_config.bat) and copy the following text. Replace the text adminusername with the adminpass with the administrator credentials for the FTP server.
Plink –ssh –l adminusername –pw adminpass –m SshCommandsFile.txt
Step 3: Schedule a task to run the batch file as needed. For example, to schedule a daily task on Windows 7:
- Start Task Scheduler.
- Create a task with the following properties:
- Triggers: Specify On a schedule and set the desired time.
- Actions: Select Start a program and browse to the batch file (for example, upload_config.bat).
Save the task and enter appropriate credentials when prompted
- Appropriate file permissions need to be configured to protect the passwords.
- It is helpful to have task results, by adding argument (>> logs.log) to task action properties.
- It is much easier if you add Putty folder to windows environments variable (PATH)
- Absolute path to the files locations could be specified as:
C:\ Putty\plink.exe –ssh –l adminusername –pw adminpass –m C:\Putty\SshCommandsFile.txt