When a device needs to be RMAed and the same IP address is going to be used, the device object for this IP address must be deleted from IntelligenceCenter (IC) “before powering off the unit”.
If the device has already been RMA'd without first deleting the object from IC, you can manually edit the Device ID using PGPAdmin. Please do the following:
WARNING: Use fo PGPAdmin is a dangerous task. if you do not know precisely what you are doing, consider contacting Blue Coat Technical Support.
Here are steps for changing the serial number :
1. Connect to collector DB with pgadmin
2. Password is postgres
3. Click on metrics schema and go to tables
4. Click on devices table. Right click and select view all data
5. Delete the -s (or -r or any other value) in the serial column of the PacketShaper which has been rebranded
6. Save the changes by clicking on refresh button on the page which comes after step 4
7. Restart the collector service