To ensure that security is not compromised, this feature works only when you are directly connected to the PacketShaper/AppVantage console port.
- Using the provided null-modem cable, attach a workstation or PC to the unit’s port labelled CONSOLE. This cable offers both 9-pin and 25-pin connectors on each end.
- Verify that you have configured your terminal emulation program with the following values to communicate with the unit’s console serial port:
- 9600 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, hardware flow control
- If you are using a modem connected to the serial port, the modem must be set to:
- 9600 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, auto-answer (usually ATH1 in the standard Hayes command set), and DTR always on (usually a DIP switch setting). Check the modem manual for details.
- Power on the unit.
- After booting up, immediately after you see the "password:" prompt, enter touchpwd= to reset the password.
Note: This method requires version 4.0.0 or later.