How to use policy to prevent/block downloading of certain file types
Article ID: 166505
ProxySG Software - SGOS
- In VPM, create a new rule in the Web Access layer, and right-click Destination > Set > New > File Extension.
- Under File Extension Object, select each file extension to be blocked, then click Add.
- If file extension is not on the list, click New and add the file extension.
- Click OK to go back to the VPM.
- Right-click the Action field and select Deny.
- Make sure that this particular Web Access rule comes towards the top of the rules. (It should be above the allow rule.)
- Install the policy.
- Test your policy.