1. How to block/deny the top level domains such as .zip, .mov etc through CPL and VPM
2. How to block/deny the top level domains such as .zip, .mov etc and notify the user through VPM.
1. After launching the VPM, click on web access layer and add a new rule as follows:
o Source - any
o Right click on dest and select Set > New > Request URL
o Name the rule accordingly.
o Check Advanced match.
o Type .zip in the host field and select 'at End'.
o Select Add Rule.
o Click NO.
o When a dialogue box appears and then close, select OK.
2. In order to deny the top domain right away without notifying user, select "Deny" on the action field.
3. In order to deny the top domain and also to notify the user about it, right click on action field and select Set > New > Notify user.
4. Type your notification message by replacing the following message:
<!-- REPLACE THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR MESSAGE -->
5. Delete rest of the lines starting from "Click on Accept after reading this message."
6. Under Notify mode, select the option "Notify on every host'.
7. Select OK and install policy.
8. Follow the above steps for .mov or any other top domains that need to be blocked.
1. Go to the management console->policy files->Install Local file from->select Text editor->install
2. and then add the following lines in the text editor
3. And then click on install to apply the policy.