Creating the overlay:
To create an overlay that requests a database update for all of your ProxySG WebFilter databases, follow these steps:
- Login to your Director appliance using the admin credentials.
- Click on the Configure tab.
- On the right-hand side, choose 'overlay' on the drop-down list, under the title called Configuration library.
- Right-click on the title All and choose New overlay.
- On the top right, give this overlay a name such as 'Update to Bluecoat Web Filter DB".
- Click on the radio button that is called Using CLI
- Cut and paste the below CLI commands into this window:
TIP: To ensure the paste worked, you can use the view button. You should see no white spaces, or lines, before the text 'config t'.
Testing the overlay:
To test this overlay file out, follow these steps.
- While logged into your Director appliance, click on the Configuration tab.
- Select a test SG appliance in the list.
- Select the overlay file you just created above, and press the right mouse button.
- Choose the Execute option.
- Answer yes, at the prompt, to send to this overlay to this test SG.
- If the resulting screen contains no errors, the overlay was successfully configured.
Scheduling the overlay, and pushing the overlay out on mass:
To schedule this overlay file to be sent out periodically, follow these steps.
- While logged into your DIrector appliance, click on the Jobs tab.
- Ensure the config Jobs option is selected on the right-hand side, and click New Config Job.
- Give the Job a name such as "Scheduling a BCWF update".
- Select the actions tab, and then press "New" ( see the bottom left of the screen).
- On the drop-down menu, select the option called Push overlay.
- Under the next drop-down menu, select the overlay you created above.
- Push the button to select your SG appliances to send this job to.
- Select an SG appliance(s) to send this overlay to. In this screen, you can choose a group of them.
- Ensure you press the button 'apply' or the changes will be lost when you exit.
- If you want to schedule this job, click on the schedule tab now.
- If you want this job executed once, choose the date here, and press the plus button to enter the date into the scheduling database.
- If you want this job executed at regular intervals chose the radio button "This is a recurring job to be executed on"
- Choose the days and time you want this to execute on, and press the 'plus' button to enter this into the scheduling database.
- Be sure to press 'ok' at the bottom right of this screen to have this job saved.
TIP: To test this job prior to the scheduled date, right click on the job, and press 'execute'.