The policy detailed in the steps below will deny only the streaming of video from netfix.com.
- Log in to the ProxySG's web-based management console.
- Go to Configuration > Policy > Visual Policy Manager and click Launch. The Visual Policy Manager (VPM) window opens.
- Open a Web Access layer, where you intend to place this new rule.
- Click add rule.
- Right-click the destination field in this new rule, click Set > New > Request URL
- Click the Advanced radio button.
- In the Host field, type: netflix.com
- To the right of the host field, click the drop-down menu and select Contains.
- In the Path field, type: wiplayer
- To the right of the path field, click the drop-down menu and select Contains.
- Name the new Request URL Object as Netflix No Video (or your preferred name for this object).
- Click Add, Close, then OK.
- The default action in this rule is Deny, but you can change this to Deny (Content Filter) or your preferred custom exception (using 'return exception') as desired.
- Move this rule above any other rule that would allow access to Netflix.com, either by name, category, (currently rated as Entertainment and TV/Video Streams by Blue Coat Web Filter).
- Click Install Policy,
Here is a sample policy, as defined in CPL for use in Local or Central policy files:
url.host.substring="netflix.com" url.path.substring="wiplayer" deny