If you would like to disable a specific exception page, for example on a TCP Timeout or DNS Failure, on the ProxySG appliance and return the Web browser error page to the client, edit or append the CPL <exception> layer with terminate_connection() property iin the local policy file as shown below.
The "exception.id" refers to the exception page that the ProxySG serves when an exception occurs. The property "terminate_connection(yes)" instructs the ProxySG to terminate the connection and allow the client to serve the browser error page instead of serving the exception response from the ProxySG.
To view a list of all the exception pages on the ProxySG:
1. Launch the ProxySG Management Console
2. Go to Configuration > Policy > Exceptions.
2. Under View Exceptions , Select Current Exceptions > View. This will display all the exception pages.
To install the CPL for disabling the exception page:
1. Launch the ProxySG Management Console, and go to Configuration > Policy > Policy Files
2. Go to Install Policy, and from the Install Local File from: drop-down menu, select Text Editor.
3. Click Install. A pop-up window displays.
4. Copy and paste the following CPL:
exception.id=policy_denied terminate_connection(yes) (NOTE: No access denied pages will be shown)
5. Click Install. A message displays to confirm successful installation of the policy.
6. Click Close to exit.