A problem exists where the host System for our SpectroSERVER had the locale time change incorrectly to 2018 – How can we remove these unwanted events?
Component: Archive Manager/DDM
NOTE: Starting from DX NetOps Spectrum 21.2.4, the default root password for MySql is "MySqlR00t". For DX NetOps Spectrum versions prior to 21.2.4, the default root password is "root". In the following MySql commands, replace <PASSWD> with the root password for your DX NetOps Spectrum version.
In a scenario where a hosts system locale changed to an incorrect future date and time (for example in 2017 the date and time was changed to 2018) you can remove these unwanted events by doing the following:
1. Log into the SpectroSERVER system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. If on Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. cd to the $SPECROOT/mysql/bin directory
4. Enter the following command to log into mysql:
./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot –p<PASSWD> ddmdb;
5. Enter the following command to delete events from 2018:
Delete from event where time > ‘2018-01-01 00:00:00’;
Note: Modify the year and date as required. Take care the year and date are set correctly or you may lose current events.