The license file is in two locations. One is directly on the Symantec Data Center Security Server (SDCS) manager. The other is in a table in the database. Both need to be removed.
Make sure you have a backup of the manager and a backup of your database before following these instructions.
Follow the steps below to remove the license file from the UMC.
- Stop the Symantec Data Center Management service in services on all managers.
- Open File Explorer on the manager(s) and browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Data Center Security Server\Server\umc\installedLicenses"
- Delete the slf file in the /installedLicenses folder
- Open SQL management studio and connect to the instance that holds the SCSPDB and dcsc_umc databases.
- Expand the dcsc_umc database, then expand the Tables.
- Select configuration.licenses then right click on configuration.licenses then select Edit Top 200 Rows.
- Once the query completes you will see the entry for the license file. Select the row for the license file.
- Then right click on the row and select Delete.
- Verify the delete is taken by rerunning the query, you should not see the entry listed.
- Start the Symantec Data Center Management service in services on all managers.
- Login to the UMC to confirm there are no licenses listed.