Location data not automatically associated to computers
Article ID: 164928
Asset Management Solution
How do you automatically associate Asset locations to computers?
This is not a function that performs out of the box.
To set this up, follow these steps:
- In the console, go under Manage > Jobs and Tasks > System Jobs and Tasks > Service and Asset Management > CMDB.
- Click on Update Network Resource Location.
- Click Select filters under Include filters and set All Computers.
- If there are any computers you want excluded, use the select filters under the exclude filters section.
- Click New Schedule. Schedule this to run on an interval, such as daily or weekly.
- Click Save changes.
- Now click on the task below it named Update Organizational Hierarchy.
- Right of the option Update Organizational Hierarchies, click on the hyperlink (by default it will be named Non selected).
- Select Assets by Location on the left side and click the > (single arrow) button. This should move Assets by Location to the right side.
- Click Save changes (schedule should already be set to daily. If not, add the schedule).