How can a user split a user story that throws the misleading error 'the user story was being deleted by another user'?
A user is attempting to split a User Story by checking the split checkbox. After some time a message appears “the user story was being deleted by another user”. This is not the case! Nothing was deleted, but the story also wasn’t split.
1. Please check whether the user assigned to the artifact is active in the subscription if not please update the owner to a new user.
2. Please verify whether the "Default Project" is set on the user profile page, if not please update the User Profile.
Splitting of User stories can be an intensive database operation, the most expedient way to work around this issue is to simply copy the user story as follows;
1) Copy the user story instead of splitting it (a new FormattedID number is generated for the new story,
2) Mark the new copy as Unfinished and retain the "completed" tasks only.
3) Move the original story to the next sprint and mark as continued with "In Progress" tasks only
4) Parent the stories as appropriate.