It was noticed recently that User-defined Right Click Actions that contain a command line may not work for SMP 8.0 (with or without pointfixes) due to failure on client side.
The error message is: "Error running command. Err=Invalid flags specified". Error is same regardless of command line the error is always the same.
If you check "Run at server" option while defining right click action, the command line will work.
"Error running command. Err=Invalid flags specified".
Issue isolated to the environments where UAC is preventing encryption/decryption to happen properly.
Two pointfixes were released for this issue, one for SMP 8.0 HF2 and another for 8.0 HF5 and above
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Retrieve files from the archive to the SMP hard drive.
2. Run as administrator PFinstaller2.EXE, click on ‘Install Files’ button
3. Restart console (browser) manually.
HOW TO UNINSTALL
1. Make sure that Backup subfolder is located in point fix root folder after installation.
2. Execute PFInstaller2.exe with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator).
3. (in case UAC enabled) - Accept UAC (User Account Control) prompt
4. Select Uninstall.
After install the versions of AltirisNSConsole.cab files will be updated. Console will check that existing version is lower than new version and update ActiveX. Update will happen on all Consoles – after page that require ActiveX will be opened.
NB! FIX for HF2 HAS THE FOLLOWING KNOWN ISSUE:
Some error and warning message could appear in NS log while PF configures
• Failed to register msi version for d0e33520-c160-11d2-8612-00104b74a9df. MsiProductCode=105258a5-918b-4ded-b923-a36fceb1d45a
• An error occurred getting the ProductConfigFile, ProductConfigUpdateFile properties from the MSI with Msi product code 105258a5-918b-4ded-b923-a36fceb1d45a, product guid d0e33520-c160-11d2-8612-00104b74a9df.
• RegisterProductInstallation - failed to obtained product version information for logging purposes.
As of now no any functional impact was observed for these messages. It is believed that they may be ignored.
In case if any functional impact will be observed on specific environments, please contact Symantec Technical Support team.