You will need to open the administrative UI to complete these steps, to do so:
- Download the attachment (Show or hide SEP UI) in this article
- Extract the archive somewhere you will easily find it
- In File Explorer navigate to
C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\Current Version\Inbox
- Copy the Profile.xml file in the show SEP UI folder to the inbox folder and wait for it to disappear (copy the Profile.xml file in the hide SEP UI folder to hide the administrative UI)
- An Endpoint Protection shield should now be viewable in the system tray
- Double click the shield and open up the agent.
With the agent open complete the following steps:
- Click Change Settings
- Click Configure Settings on the right side of Client Management
- Select the Tamper Protection tab
- Disable Tamper Protection and click OK
- Right click on the shield icon and select Disable Antivirus from the context menu
Note: The antivirus will be disable until it is turned back on or the system is rebooted.