Active Directory Import feature of the Symantec Management Platform lets you import Active Directory objects, such as users, computers, sites, and subnets, into the CMDB. Import User rule may take long time to complete or terminate after the pre-configured timeout period.
Task Error: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
SMP 8.0 - SMP 8.0 HF5
Table DirectoryImportRuleTree may contain many redundant duplicate records.
There are 2 options:
1. Install the attached point-fix, if you have SMP 8.0 HF2 installed;
2. Install ITMS 8.0 HF6
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINT-FIX
On server side.
1. Extract files from the archive to NS machine. Make sure the point-fix is not extracted to Altiris directory (or any subfolder of it).
2. Execute PFInstaller.exe file with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator). Accept UAC, If UAC is enabled. Select 'Install Files' option, if prompted.
3. Old files will be automatically backed up to the 'Backup' and 'adds-Backup' folders at the same location where PFInstaller is and replaced with the new ones. Log-file Log.txt will be created at the same location where PFInstaller is.
4. Close PFInstaller window.
- fixed directory tree table population for OU import with multiple OUs.
- internal OU membership change processing optimized to use 'direct' members
HOW TO UNINSTALL THIS POINT-FIX
On server side.
1. Make sure that Backup and 'adds-Backup' subfolders are located in PFinstaller directory.
2. Run PFinstaller with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator). If UAC is enabled accept UAC if prompted. Select 'Uninstall Files' option.
The old files will be restored from 'Backup' and 'adds-Backup' folders. NS services should restart automatically.
3. Close PFinstaller window.