To schedule "Run every" to start at a specific time a registry value must be modified on the Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) server deployment.
On each SMSMSE server deployment:
- Open the windows registry (regedit.exe)
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Symantec\SMSMSE\7.5\Server\Components\LiveUpdateConfig
- In the right hand pane right-click and modify the value "SeedTimeStr"
- Set the value to the desired start time (24 hour clock), click OK
In the SMSMSE console.
- Open the SMSMSE console and navigate to Admin>LiveUpdate/Rapid Release Schedule
- Ensure "Enable automatic virus definitions updates" is checked
- Choose "Run every:" and set the frequency to the desired value.
- Click "Deploy changes" to push the schedule creation to each defined SMSMSE server asset.
To confirm the process was successful:
- On each SMSMSE server asset open the windows Task Scheduler (Run: Taskschd.msc)
- Under the Task Scheduler Library locate trigger times that match the time specified as the start time
- Under the "Actions" tab for the selection the details should specify: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\SMSMSE\7.5\Server\SAVFMSELive.exe"
If these conditions are met the process was successful.