If you download CSV files from the report section and open in excel then it may not display the data as displayed
in the console and may not be understable due to the junk characters.
For e.g. If you download a report 'Size of content on server' from the report section and you have content tittles
in Thai language then characters look like as below:
|à¸à¸²à¸£à¸—à¸”à¸ªà¸à¸š à¸ªà¹ˆà¸§à¸™à¸—à¸µà¹ˆ 2||86.78 KB|
No Error Message
The issue is a limitation within Excel as it by default does not handle utf-8 characters correctly within csv files.
1) Download the report using the "Download CSV" button, don't open it via Excel and save the file to your drive.
2) Open Excel
3) Click on the "Data" menu bar option at the top.
4) Click on the "From Text" icon
5) Navigate to the location of the file saved in step 1, and click on the "Import" button.
6) In the Text Import Wizard
In step#1 select the following:
>Original data type = Delimited
>File origin = 65001 : Unicode (UTF8)
>My data has headers = Checked
>In step#2 select the following:
Delimiters = Comma
>In step#3 click "Finish" and then click OK.