Consider the following scenario:
1. You are using a non-default port in IIS bindings (i.e. port is not 80, but 8080 for example), https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/149605.
2. Now there is a decision to start using HTTPS and you change Symantec Management Agent communication profiles, http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7978, page 248.
3. Then you enable "Publish HTTPS codebase (provided an SSL certificate is installed)" and disable "Publish UNC codebase", http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77389.
4. The following warning can be seen the log of Site Servers with Package Service installed "Package server could not access own Web Site using HTTPS". Clients cannot download packages.
The same issue is not reproducible in 8.0.
Package server could not access its own Web Site using HTTPS.
A known defect caused by the incorrect URL composition.
A point-fix is available.
SMP 7.6 HF7.
HOW TO INSTALL THE POINT-FIX
1. Retrieve files from the archive to the NS hard drive.
2. Run as administrator “PFInstaller2.exe”, click "Install Files" button.
3. Run scheduled tasks "NS.Package Refresh" and "NS.Package Distribution Point Update Schedule".
4. Upgrade Package Servers via default upgrade policy