Computers in the console connect sporadically, a few symptoms are listed below
1. The job cannot be started, and errors out.
2. Computers are unresponsive or do not connect to the console.
3. Dagent cannot update.
4. Cannot re-configure machines from the console.
5. Dagent doesn't initialize in automation.
6. Initial deployment menu never appears in automation.
Common errors seen are "Failure to transfer package" and no connectivity from the client machines.
The Ghost client is Dagent and this behavior can be caused by using encrypted sessions on Dagent Communication.
Turning off encrypted sessions normally resolves this issue, please follow the steps below.
Navigate to Control Panel -> Altiris Deployment Server -> Options -> Transport and deselect "Allow Encrypted Sessions" . Select "Ok" and restart the service from the service control pane in the Altiris Deployment Server menu.
If clients are currently installed using encrypted sessions, there are a few options for fixing this.
1. Physically modify the Dagent settings on the client PC by opening the Dagent configuration utility, unchecking "Encrypt Session Communication"
Navigate to the Service Control tab and restart Dagent services
2. Using Remote Agent Install, reinstall the agent on all machines that were installed using session encryption. Make sure to uncheck encrypted sessions when modifying the remote install agent settings by selecting "Change Settings"
Alternatively, you can modify the registry keys on the server as follows:
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2527420752-3334223218-1834775913-500\Software\Altiris\Remote Client Installer\Settings\Client Settings]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altiris\Remote Client Installer\Settings\Client Settings]