How to Gather Logs from the Symantec Virtual Appliance (SVA)
Article ID: 162643
Data Center Security Server
In a DCS:Server deployment you must gather logs for support from the SVA.
Generate Diagnostic Package
- Log into the Unified Management Console (UMC).
- In the top right of the UMC interface, click the drop down and click Server.
- Go to Assets > Virtual Machine then in the left pane, click SVAs Overview.
- Check the box for the SVA which you need to gather logs from.
- Click Generate Diagnostic Package.
- Navigate to Monitor > Status then in the left pane click Generate Diagnostics.
- Once the status shows Completed, check the box next to the SVA that the Diagnostics was just generated for.
- Click Export Package.
Server Side Logs
- Log into the DCS: Server Advanced machine.
- From the Start Menu, or Start Page, navigate to and click Collect Server Info.
- Make note of the location the generated ZIP file is saved.