Following error ‘Task instance not found’ will be displayed when trying to distribute or download software updates in ‘Patch Remediation Center’. Also by running PM import task following error message is displayed:
Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.TaskTargetDeviceCache'.'IDX_TargetDevice_resourceTypeGuid' in datatabase 'Symantec_CMDB' because 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup".
In addition Symantec Management Console will also display error messages when trying to modify and save tasks. In this case Console displays “Symantec Management Server Error”.
This problem is caused by SQL Server Express edition which up through version 2017 that have database size limitations of up to10 GB.
According to the documentation SQL Server Express edition is not recommended to use in Production environment. Express edition should only be used for testing purpose (Concept of Proof). See "SQL Server recommendations" in the "ITMS Installation and Upgrade Guide":
Please note: before starting to upgrade SQL Server edition, make sure that current product is supported by the new edition of SQL Server.
Scenario 1: SQL Server 2012 R2 (or 2008 R2) Express Edition Upgrade to SQL Server 2012 R2 (or 2008 R2) Standard and higher
(1) stop all Altiris Services;
(2) create a backup from existing 'Symantec_CMDB' database;
(3) check the collation of the database 'Symantec_CMDB' (e.g. SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS). To avoid problems with the database, database collation must match with the SQL Server collation;
(4) start SQL Server Edition Upgrade process by launching 'SQL Server Installation Center' and select 'Maintenance' > 'Edition Upgrade';
(5) follow the steps, shown in the installation wizard and make sure that all the test will pass;
(6) start the Altiris Services.
Scenario 2: Moving database from SQL Server 2012 R2 (or 2008 R2) Express to new server with SQL Server 2012 R2 (or 2008 R2) Standard and higher
(1) stop Altiris services;
(2) create a backup from the existing 'Symantec_CMDB' database;
(3) check the database collation from the 'Symantec_CMDB' (e.g. SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS). To avoid problems with the database, database collation must match with the SQL Server collation;
(4) install SQL Server 2012 R2 Standard or higher to other server;
(5) restore 'Symantec_CMDB' database on the new SQL server;
(6) on the Notification Server, open Symantec Management Console and go to Settings > Notification Server > Database Settings and configure SQL Server (SQL_SERVERNAME\Instance_Name) and under database name select 'use existing database' with value 'Symantec_CMDB';
(7) start Altiris services.