To reproduce the issue perform the following steps:
1. Manage -> Assets -> Manage Configuration Items -> Datacenter Types -> Services -> Create 2 x services.
2. Associate multiple CIs with each service.
3. Select 2 x created services -> right click -> bulk edit both services and select a CI to associate with them that isn't already associated.
4. Edit the services individually. All the CIs that were originally associated will have been removed.
Expected result: We should keep previously assigned CI associations and append new associations created via Bulk edit to avoid data loss.
- To fix the issue, please install the pointfix attached to this KB. Please note that this pointfix is compatible ONLY with 7.5 SP1 HF5.
- For 7.6, we are planning to fix the issue tentatively in 7.6 HF5.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX?
1. Close browser before point fix installation.
2. Extract files from the archive to the NS hard drive. Make sure that point fix is not extracted to Altiris install directory (or any subfolder to it). Run PFInstaller.exe as administrator.
3. Execute PFInstaller.exe with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator). Select "Install Files".
4. Accept UAC (User Account Control) prompt, select Install Files. Old binaries will be automatically backed up to the Backup folder at the same location where PFInstaller is and replaced with the new ones. Log-file log.txt will be created at the same location where PFInstaller is.
5. Close the PFInstaller window.