When Advanced or Complete customization templates are used for Web Email Protection, please be sure to test the impact that the upgrade will have on the template in advance.
To minimize risk, it is safest to do the following:
If the template does not work as expected in the test environment, do the following:
- Install the release that you are upgrading to in a test environment.
- Upload the template you are currently using in production and make it active.
- Check that the template works as expected.
- Add a new Advanced or Complete customization template in the test environment. This will allow you to download the default source template files for the new release.
- Customize the source template files of the new release in order to reproduce what is currently in production.
- Upload this new template to the test environment and make it active.
- Test that the template works as expected.
Then do the following in the production environment:
- Before you begin the upgrade, consider deleting all templates so that the upgrade process does not have to attempt to upgrade them. This will probably reduce the overall time it takes to upgrade. Download the templates prior to deleting them if you cannot locate the source files.
- Upgrade the production environment.
- Upload the template that you created in the test environment to the production environment and make it active.
- Confirm that the template works as expected.