Spam messages arrive at a domain protected by Email Security.cloud
Article ID: 162192
Multiple spam messages from a given spam wave arrive at a domain protected by Email Security.cloud. You seek steps to prevent further occurrences.
There are multiple known causes for messages from a given spam wave to arrive:
One or more AntiSpam settings are not enabled.
One or more AntiSpam features are not configured to use the action "Block and Delete".
The message is not spam, but instead is a newsletter or undesired message.
At the time the email Security.cloud service processed the message, no spam signature or hueristic rule existed for the messages.
1. Check AntiSpam settings.
2. Export message to .msg format.
3. Check message with the Anti-Spam Tool in the Client portal.
4. If the Anti-Spam Tool in the Client portal indicates that the message is spam, the message is now detected and no further action is required for that message.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until you have at least five (5) messages that need further action.
6. Pack five or more samples which are less than five (5) days old into a .zip archive.
7. Open a case in the Client portal and attach the .zip archive to the case.