Upon opening an iOS secure web app on an iOS device, the application crashes to the home screen.
There are no error messages displayed on the device, but the application will no longer open.
The following scenario explains what to expect on the iOS device:
1. Prepare three secure web apps with a policy that requires encryption.
2. Install the first one secure web app and notice that it will open as expected.
3. Open the second secure web app and force close the first secure web app by swiping it away from the multi-tasking menu.
4. Open the first secure web app again and notice that it will crash to the home screen.
5. Install and open the third secure web app and force close the second secure web app by swiping it away from the multi-tasking menu.
6. Open both the second and first secure web apps and notice that they now both crash to the home screen.
The reason this is occurring is due to an error with the sqlite database built into the secure web app wrap code which is improperly registering the encrypted directory from the previously opened application. The issue will only occur on devices that have an app policy applied to them that requires encryption.
In order to work around this issue, remove the requirement of encryption from the app policy applied to the affected iOS secure web apps. There will be a permanent fix released in the next version of Mobility Suite (5.3) that properly initializes the sqlite database of the secure web app wrapper.