The Network Security policy settings can be used to confine monitoring to the following types of network traffic, thereby offering the potential to improve network throughput:
- All Endpoints (includes servers and desktops. This is the default setting)
- All Server (including Exchange)
- Only Microsoft Exchange Server
- All Desktops
The following chart shows an example of the type of improvement, compared either to the baseline or to the default setting of All Endpoints:
Network Security policy settings can be updated as follows:
Login to WebUI and navigate to Manage -> Policies.
Click the "+" tool bar icon.
- In the resulting policy page, provide the policy name.
- Select Network Security Policy from the Select Policy Template pull down menu.
- Select the desired network security settings options:
Only Microsoft Exchange Server
- Click the Save button, and then click the Add Policy button.
- Publish the updated policy by clicking the checkbox for the network security policy and clicking on Publish.
- Wait for the updated policy definition to be downloaded to the Security Virtual Appliance (SVA).
DCS:S version 6.5 or newer.