The point fix installation file is attached to this kb article. Using this version of the agent will immediately release ports.
To install the point fix on the Notification Server:
- On the NS, Download the point fix and unzip it, preferably into a new directory.
- Change to the new point fix directory.
- As administrator, run PfInstaller2.exe. This will install the agent files from the pointfix to the NSCap directory for each OS platform, add/update version registry keys, etc.
- Previous versions of the agent binaries will be backed up to the "<current directory>ULMBackup" directory.
- Enable the upgrade policy for the ULM Agent, which is found in the console at: Settings, All Settings, Agents/Plug-ins, Symantec Management Agent, UNIX/Linux/Mac, Symantec Management Agent for UNIX/Linux/Mac - Upgrade.
- The clients should eventually download and install the new agent per the policy settings.
- Verify that clients can communicate with the NS.
If it becomes necessary to uninstall this point fix, do the following:
- Make sure that Backup subfolder is located in PFinstaller directory
- Execute PFInstaller.exe with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator).
- Accept UAC (User Account Control) prompt,
- select Uninstall Files.
Note that the new agent version will be 7.1.8288.
SMP 7.1 SP1 MP1 rollup v6.