The system requirements for Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator 2.3.7 are as follows:
Note: To ensure optimal LiveUpdate Administrator operations, Symantec recommends that you use a server operating system.
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Windows 7 (64-bit only)
Note: The Microsoft Edge browser is not supported with LiveUpdate Administrator 2.3.7.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox 51 and later
- Google Chrome 56 and later
- Safari 5.x and later
- TCP/IP network protocol enabled
- 32-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 redistributable package
The PostgreSQL database requires the use of the 32-bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 redistributable package. If the 64-bit Visual C++ 2013 redistributable packages already installed, install the 32-bit redistributable package manually.
- Symantec recommends using either IIS or Apache Server for hosting your remote distribution center locations. Refer to your operating system's documentation for additional information.
- 650 MB hard disk space for LiveUpdate Administrator, the JRE, and third-party tools.
The LiveUpdate Administrator installer package is approximately 200 MB, which includes the JRE that is required for LiveUpdate Administrator to function.
- A minimum of 10 GB hard disk space each for the updates in the following folders:
LiveUpdate Administrator copies the updates to these folders for distribution.
- Temporary download folder: C:\TempDownload
- Permanent download folder: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\LiveUpdate Administrator\Downloads
- 3.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 CPU or equivalent.
- 1 GB of RAM minimum (2 GB of RAM recommended), in addition to the amount recommended by the operating system vendor.
- A display of 1024 x 768 or larger (recommended)
By default, the following ports are used by the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator. If other applications use these ports when you install LiveUpdate Administrator, you are prompted to enter alternate port numbers.
- 7070: Default Distribution Center
Used by the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator; LiveUpdate Administrator (if using HTTP).
- 7071: Used by Tomcat for shutdown commands
While the Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator will work if this port is closed, Tomcat shutdown operations will not.
- 7072: Used by PostgreSQL database
- 7073: LiveUpdate Administrator (if using HTTPS)
- 8080: SymHelp
The default protocol for Distribution Centers is HTTP. You can now configure the default Distribution Center to support either HTTP (7070) or HTTPS (7073), or the port that you configured when you installed LiveUpdate Administrator. The LiveUpdate Administrator URLs now use the HTTPS protocol instead of the HTTP protocol.
LiveUpdate Administrator communicates with the distribution centers using the destination TCP ports HTTP (80), HTTPS (443), and FTP (21). If the LiveUpdate clients run a firewall, verify that the firewall allows these destination ports.
- To install LiveUpdate Administrator, you must log on as at least a power user with Administrator privileges. You must be able to create new local users and to create new services.
- Problems may occur when you use a terminal service for installation. You should install LiveUpdate Administrator directly from the console.