Websense Network Devices do not return SNMP information, certain Cisco Routers return invalid MAC Addresses. These are two separate issues.
These are both known issues.
Network Discovery 7.5 SP1.
This issue has been fixed in our ITMS 8.0 and later releases.
For those still in ITMS 7.5 SP1:
A point-fix has been provided that fixes both these issues.
1. Extract files from the archive to the NS hard drive. Make sure PointFix is not extracted to Altiris install directory (or any subfolder to it).
2. Execute PFInstaller.exe with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator). Select "Install Files"
3. Accept UAC (User Account Control) if prompted, select Install Files. Old binaries will be automatically backup to the Backup folder at the same location where PFinstaller is and replaced with the new ones.
Log-file Log.txt will be created at the same location where PFinstaller is.
4. Close PFInstaller window.
5. Open up the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\DiscoveryTasks' registry.
6. Create new DWORD 'ForcedSNMPVersion'.
7. Set 'ForcedSNMPVersion' value as '2' (hexadecimal).