Check the following:
- Ensure that Directory Browsing is enabled in: Properties > Directory tab, for the package folder and subfolders in IIS.
- For the Default Web Site, on the Home Directory tab, ensured Scripts and Executables is selected in the Execute Permissions list.
- Make sure that the "Everyone" group has the following NTFS file system permissions on the C:\InetPub\wwwroot folder or on the folder that has the Web content for the site that you want:
Read & Execute
List Folder Contents
- For the Default Web Site, on the Home Directory tab, make sure that DefaultAppPool is selecting in the Application pool box.
- On the DefaultAppPool > Identity tab, make sure that the Network Service account is selected.
- On the Packahe GUID folder > Properties > Directory Security Tab > Authentication and access control, ensure that Integrated Windows authentication is checked along with Anonymous Access (IUSR_ServerName)
If you are getting some unexplainable 404 errors when accessing html or asp.net pages in IIS, and have exhausted the more common issues, check out your log file for URLScan errors. URLScan is a Microsoft security tool to help protect Internet Information Server. On your developer environment it might be getting in the way.
-The GET request was getting rejected by UrlScan as noticed in the URLScan logs as follows:
2014-10-31 00:00:30 10.26.11.136 1 HEAD /Altiris/PS/Share/pkggroup_%7Ba4cd2343-79aa-4ea7-98e6-0e9b3486333c%7D/%7B965ACCD2-E81B-4002-BB12-1ACB4D6D91AE%7D/cache/SEP%2012.1.5337.5000%20-%20English/sdi.dat Rejected URL+contains+dot+in+path URL - -
How Can I Disable URLScan:
Go to the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services
Click WebSites folder, right click to get Properties
Click ISAPI Filters tab, find URLScan in the list, click Remove button, then OK to save
From Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> Cmd), type “iisreset”, to restart IIS
How Do I Configure URL Scan:
There is a configuration file located here:
Additional log files are also stored in that directory.
Checked in the UrlScan.ini, the setting for "AllowDotInPath" was = "0" . If 1, allow dots that are not file extensions. Hence, change this setting to 1 and reset IIS.
Symantec Management Platform 7.5 SP1 HF3
Package Server on Windows Server 2003 Standard/Enterprise R2 SP1