While working with CA Spectrum customer may have issues where they need to query the MySQL database on the Spectro-Server such as "event, model, model_state".
How to setup and configure MySQL Workbench?
Ca SpectrumOS Linux, Windows
1. Grant Access to your Ca Spectrum from your Workstation:
From your Command Line bash.
* cd /$Spectroot/MySQL/bin
* login ./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -proot ddmdb
* Grant your self access: mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'target-linux.ca.com' IDENTIFIED BY '<remoterootpassword>';
* Then reset rights: mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
2. Download and Install MySQL Workbench:
3. Open Workbench and Select the + sign on MySQL Connections.
4. Name the Connection with any name you like.
5. Select the Drop down Connection Method and Select Standard TCP/IP over SSH
6. Enter information on your Parameters tab:
Assuming you are using the same MySQL Hostname for the database enter:
7. Click Test Connection, if is successful click ok.
8. Now under MySQL Connections you will have the name of the database you set Double click, now you should be able to run query's.