Software incompatibility with the Symantec File Share Encryption feature: The following programs are incompatible with Symantec File Share Encryption:
- Securewave Sanctuary Device Control 3.0.3. To use Symantec Encryption Desktop with Sanctuary Device Control, it is necessary to upgrade the Securewave software to version 4.1 or later. [12850/2458037]
- CommVault System Data Migrator. To use Symantec Encryption Desktop with Data Migrator, it is necessary to unregister the Symantec File Share Encryption DLL (at the command prompt, type: regsvr32 /u PGPfsshl.dll). [12016/2457201]
- Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets using the "Shared Workbooks" feature is not tested, or supported and has been known to encounter some issues:
150173 - File Share Encryption does not support the Excel Shared Workbook feature
Software incompatibility with the Symantec Drive Encryption feature: Certain programs are incompatible with the Symantec Drive Encryption feature; do not install these products on a system with Symantec Encryption Desktop, and do not install Symantec Encryption Desktop on a system with these products installed:
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption Full Disk 
- Faronics Deep Freeze (any edition) [15443/2460632]
- Utimaco Safeguard Easy 3.x. [8010/2453188]
- Hard disk encryption products from GuardianEdge Technologies: Encryption Anywhere Hard Disk and Encryption Plus Hard Disk products, formerly known as PC Guardian products.[12065/2457250]
- Safeboot Solo co-exists on the system but blocks Symantec Drive Encryption.
- SecureStar SCPP co-exists on the system but blocks Symantec Drive Encryption.
- Wave Systems' Dell Embassy Trust Suite co-exists on the system but causes the system to slow down. [19297/2464461]
- HP ProtectTools Suite's Drive Encryption feature will block encryption of the disk with Symantec Drive Encryption or cause a system crash with a blue screen error message depending on the order which the applications are installed [2469035, 3406884]