ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Error: "Your Changes could not be saved to '<file name>' because of a sharing violation."
Article ID: 160581
Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Prevent
- The error is encountered while saving an Excel file to removable media across the network using Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Endpoint Prevent.
- Removable storage monitoring is enabled on the agents.
- Once EDPA service is stopped Excel files can be saved.
Error: Your Changes could not be saved to '<file name>' because of a sharing violation. Try saving to a different file.
- Windows XP Professional
- Office 2007.
This is a known issue with Microsoft.
- Download and install hotfix 97050.
- Restart your Vontu services on the Enforce server and EDPA on the agents.