Relevant versions: 6.x and 7.x
For Vontu 6.0, do the following:
- Check to see whether the installer is stuck while executing SQL*Plus:
• Linux: On the commandline "ps -ef | grep Vontu". One of the processes should be SQL*Plus
• Windows: Use process explorer to do the above
- Execute the following command:
• Linux: Run as root. su -c -l protect "sqlplus
'protect/[email protected](DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(port=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=protect)))' ". Copy verbatim, the quotes (single and double) are important and not expendable.
• Windows: sqlplus protect/[email protected]'(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(port=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=protect)))' . Again the quotes are important.
You should be logged into SQL*Plus. If SQL*Plus prompts you for the username and password then there is something wrong.
- Check for password correctness.
- Check to see whether the password has special characters (defined in the install documentation).
- Stop the SQL*Plus process. The installation has failed. Run the ECU and get the logs.
For Vontu 7.0, the following changes apply:
- The installer checks if it can connect to the DB during the pre-install (For example, when you enter the oracle username, password and sid in the installer UI). It returns with a failure message if it is unable to connect to the database.
- Theoretically, it should not hang. After the database is created, it runs a validation script. The script returns with a failure prompt if the database validation failed. Look for the DatabaseValidation.log file in the install directory (c:\Vontu\DatabaseValidation.log, for example).