B) If you have not given a port number in the scan link.For item A, you need to verify that the DLP Solution has been installed on the Web Front End Server. If the installer has been run, then you must verify it installed correctly. First, follow these steps:
1. Connect to Sharepoint Central Administration. On the Sharepoint server, click Start>All Programs>Administrative Tools>Sharepoint Central Administration.
* For Sharepoint 2007, click the Operations tab. In the Global Configuration section, select Solution Management.
* For Sharepoint 2010, click System Settings. Then select Manage Farm Solutions
2. Verify the deployment. If the solution is installed correctly, the list includes "symantec_dlp_solution.wsp".
3. If the solution must be removed, use the Sharepoint retract and undeploy features.If you have validated that the solution is installed correctly, then the second test would be done by connection to http://your-site-name/_vti_bin/sharepointConnector.asmx. eg. If you are scanning http://www.sharepoint.com:11623/sites/sports/football, you can enter http://www.sharepoint.com:11623/sites/sports/football/_vti_bin/sharepointConnector.asmx in the browser and verify you get the web service operations list in reply. If you do, it is installed correctly. If you don't, the it could be the second item.
For Item B, if you are trying to scan a server by simply doing http://sharepoint/site, this will fail. You MUST include the port for the server. eg. http://sharepoint:11623/site, or just http://sharepoint:11623 if you want to scan the whole server.