When troubleshooting Agent slowness, in addition to excluding AV software, it may be necessary to exclude the Symantec Endpoint Protection Agent software.
To insert the SEP exclusion, follow these steps:
1. From Enforce, point at System and choose Agent Configuration.
2. From the Agent Configuration page, choose the configuration in use, usually the default.
3. O 4. Add the following exclusions:
3. On the Agent Monitoring tab, click the pencil icon next to the ignore on local drive by path item, usually the first item in the list, to edit it.
4. Add the following exclusions:
5. When finished, click the button that says Save and Apply Changes.
Allow a few minutes for the policy change to propagate to the Agents through the Endpoint Server, and test functionality if necessary.