Steps to install DLP Agent in non-ASCII location
Article ID: 159843
Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Discover
If you update the agent installation BAT file to install agents to a non-ASCII location, the installation completes but with corrupted characters.
To install the DLP Agent to a non-ASCII location:
- Locate and open the install_agent.bat file using a text editor.
Refer to the DLP Installation guide for information on creating the agent installation package.
- Enter chcp 65001 on the second line of the file.
This string changes the active code page to support UTF-8.
- (Optional) Make changes to items below the second line per your implementation requirements.
- Save the install_agent.bat file using UTF-8 encoding.
- Verify that the Command Prompt uses true type font.
You can now re-run the agent installation.