How to set up individual users to see only specific incidents generated by certain policy groups
Relevant versions: 7.0 and up
To set up individual users to see only specific incidents generated by certain policy groups, perform the following:
1) Login as Administrator.
2) Go to Administration -> Users and create a new user
3) Set up the roles for the newly created users. The users will only be able to see the incidents related to those roles
Create a user "John Doe" that is only associated with the role "test"
1) Login as Administrator
2) Go to Administration -> Roles and create a new role name
3) Under User Privileges, select "view" for incidents
4) Under the tab "Incident Access", under "Only Show Incidents Where" choose an item from the drop down and designate it as "is any of" or "is none of" a specific policy group
5) Under the users tab, select all users you want to associate with that role.
6) Save changes
- Create a new role test.
- Set up under "Incident Access" that the Policy Group is none of "Default Policy Group".
- Under users, associate the test user "John Doe" with the role.
Now the test user "John Doe" should see all incidents except the ones generated by the Default Policy Group
More details are outlined in the Administration Guide in the section Using Vontu Reports beginning on page 67 and Creating Roles and Users beginning on page 17. This Admin Guide is valid for version 7.1 as well.