A Multi-Line WTO is composed of a Major line (First line) followed by one minor line at least.
From the SYSLOG, the major line is indicated with a sequence number at the end of the line. All attached minor lines are displayed with the same number on the left column.
How to handle a Multi-Line WTO?
The major line contains the message-id. If a text is searched from this one, then an Eventview rule or a Resource Status Monitor message can be setup to search for this value without particular setting.
However, if the text is searched among the minor lines, then a specific setup is required depending on the method used as follow:
* This feature has no capability to address a number of lines in the Multi-Line WTO. Line 1 represents the major line. Line 2 represents the first minor line, etc …
* An EV rule should be defined for each line to be searched. The first word of the line represents the message-id. In this case, each line of the MLWTO is considered as a single WTO.
* It is not possible to set a filter referencing a value from different lines (i.e.: Line 2 Word 1, Line 3 Word 3, …)
Resource Status Monitor Message
* This feature is appropriate for the Multi-Line WTO. All messages from the Multi-Line WTO are considered as a collection of messages where the searched text can be specified through line and word number and can be used for complex filter expression. Line 1 represents the major line. Line 2 represents the first minor line, etc …
* The implementation of a Multi-Line WTO from a Resource Status Monitor Message is as follow:
· Use an existing resource or Create a new resource
· Update the resource and select Status Monitor Message Details
· Press PF10(ScrlLst)
· Submit ‘I’ line command against the last line to insert a new line. If the new line does not appear press PF08 to go to the next page
· Set the cursor on the new line and insert $MN-xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxx is the message-id of the MLWTO)
· Locate the cursor at the beginning of the line and submit ‘S’ line command and select the Define Extended Filter Definitions
· Up to 5 expressions can be setup with Line Number and Word Number. If there are more than one expressions, a logical AND/OR should be specified to link all of these expressions
· Press PF08 to Define Event Related Actions
· Press successive PF03 to save and quit
It is possible to simulate a MLWTO using a NCL procedure as follow:
&WTO LINETYPE=D DATA=Major line of MLWTO
&WTO LINETYPE=D DATA=minor line of MLWTO
&WTO LINETYPE=DE DATA=last minor line of MLWTO
For further description of &WTO, please refer to CA Solve:Operations Automation Network Control Language Reference Guide 11.9.