Vontu Network SMTP Prevent is an RFC- 2821 SMTP Proxy server that integrates with any SMTP compliant MTA and can be deployed in either a reflecting (single MTA) or forwarding (multiple MTA) architecture.
Implementations have been deployed with the following MTA's:
- SonicWall MFT
- Symantec Mail Security 8300 Series
For the Network Prevent Server (Email) to integrate with an MTA, the MTA must meet the following requirements:
- The MTA must be capable of strict SMTP compliance. It must be able to send and receive mail using only the following command verbs: HELO (or EHLO), RCPT TO, MAIL FROM, QUIT, NOOP, and DATA.
- If you plan to run the Network Prevent Server (Email) in reflecting mode, the MTA must be able to route messages to the Network Prevent Server (Email) once and only once for each message.
In practice, this means that the following statements are true:
- The MTA must be able to route outbound messages from your internal mail infrastructure to the Network Prevent Server (Email).
- The MTA must be able to route messages returning from the Network Prevent Server (Email) out to their intended recipients.
For more information, please see your corresponding Symantec DLP Email Prevent MTA Integration Guide.